Current Version: 1.1.4 (May 23, 2000) / 1.3.12 (October 31, 2006) / 1.4.3 (May 5, 2008) / 1.5.1 (December 26, 2009)
PLAY ELEPHANT MUD: Let's get you playing! First things first, our address is: elephant.org. Flash Client As well as the traditional Java applets we can now offer a flash option! Linux Mud Client. Rapscallion for Macintosh (Free) A good free telnet client for Mac users! Let us begin Feel free.
Savitar (formerly Tinkeri View) is a 'MUVE' (Multi-User Virtual Environment) client for the Macintosh that is very promising and has been undergoing very heavy development since 1997! See the very nice--and unusually educational--Savitar web site for more information.
- I currently use the trial version of Savitar, but I am curious as to if there's a BEST MUD client for OSX. I used to use GMud for Windows, I even paid for it! I have yet to find anything that compares to it for Mac.
- Rapscallion MUD client has a number of great features, including color ANSI, multi-channel sessions, triggers, blocks and more.
- PLAY ELEPHANT MUD: Let's get you playing! First things first, our address is: elephant.org. Flash Client As well as the traditional Java applets we can now offer a flash option! Linux Mud Client. Rapscallion for Macintosh (Free) A good free telnet client for Mac users! Let us begin Feel free.
Version 1.3.12 (which only runs on Power Macs running OS 8.6 - X) includes the following changes:
- Added recovery code for missing ANSI color preferences
- Fixes for ANSI color brightness/dim rendering
- Fixes for ANSI background color rendering
Version 1.4.3 (which only runs on Mac OS X 10.3.9+) includes the following changes:
- The 'play' local command can now stream MP3, MP2, MP1, OGG, and AIF files.
- Changed the 'open text window' local command to accept unix-style paths (goodbye OS 9-style paths).
- Fixed a potential crasher when closing a window.
- Fixed bug in text windows. Horizontal scrolling now resets when text wrapping is turned off.
Version 1.5.1 (which only runs on Mac OS X 10.4.11+) includes the following changes:
- Fixed a bug where certain bad regex expressions in triggers were causing a crash.
- Removed support for OS X versions prior to 10.4.11.
'When you can't use Rapscallion, you use Savitar. Enough said.'
'Savitar is invaluable to me as a client for connecting to MU*'s via my Mac. Its features include multiple sessions, resizing windows to suit your need, rapid flipping back and forth between windows w/ out the mouse, automatically scanning incoming text and sending a response you desire, or changing the appearance of it, ANSI, seperate output pane from input pane, rapid recall of precious commands you've entered (The last 32 can be brought back and re-entered with only the push of a button). VERY easy to use, and PLENTY of options. I'd recommend it for a RP MU* or a combat based one, as it's got tons of uses. I've found it much better than lots of other Mac clients.'
—Joshua J. Anker
'Savitar (1.1.4) would be my favorite client of all...if it didn't crash so frequently. The features I need are all there...multi-application logging capability, customizable scrollback length, multiple world windows, scroll lock for coding...but the program crashes almost at the drop of a hat, and for ridiculous reasons (opening a world document, opening more than four world documents, etc.). Hopefully, the new version will fix these problems. If it does, I'll be standing first in line to get my hands on it.'
Rapscallion For Mac Mud Clients
'Intersting. I've long been running the last couple versions of Savitar (currently 1.14) on a 7500 (7x and 8x) and now a 933MHz G4 (OS X Classic) and have *never* had a crash that I would attribute to the program. Stable, reliable, easy to use.'
Rapscallion For Mac Mud Clients
Submit another review!
the Fat version for OS 7.1 - 9.x (1.1.4).
the Carbon version for Mac OS 8.6 - 9 (1.3.12).
the Carbon version for Mac OS X (1.3.12).
the Carbon / Universal version for Mac OS X 10.3.9+ (1.4.3).
the Carbon / Universal version for Mac OS X 10.4.11+ (1.5.1).