The internet has changed our lives for the better. From connecting people across nations to establishing a communication centred way of life, the World Wide Web assists users in almost everything. Emails have become a convenient medium of communication especially for entrepreneurs and web developers. However, as workload increases, users might find it difficult to manage their emails and contact lists. This is where email clients come into the picture.
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Free Email Client For Mac
- Best Email Client For Windows 10
- Best Email Client For Mac Cosmetics
An email client, also known as mail user agent (MUA), is a program used to manage and access a user’s mail. Desktop email clients, on the other hand, are specially configured to suit the interface you are working on. Moreover, the application offers a set of additional features such as mail generation, encryptions, secure backups and cloud storage that set it apart from other mailing services.
Once you have entered your email to start configuring the client, it automatically checks and detects all protocols until it finds the right one. Then it synchronizes all email (or selectively, depends on your configuration) to your Mac. If your Mac is connected to the Internet, but Mail no longer sends or receives email messages, the issue could be with the provider of your email service.Or you could have missing or outdated settings in the Accounts section of Mail preferences (Mail > Preferences). #5 Thunderbird — Best Free Email Client for Mac Thunderbird is a totally free, open-source e-mail shopper, obtainable for numerous platforms. Being a challenge from Mozilla, you possibly can rely on Thunderbird once you need a safe e-mail administration expertise.
What Is The Best Email Client?
Mentioned below are the top 10 that are well suited for your Mac or Windows device. You can easily download these applications from the internet and install them on your computer. Also we recommend you to check one of our other posts – 15 Best Free Website Builders of 2017.
[ download ]
Outlook is an email manager introduced by Microsoft and is a part of the Office Suite tools. The program though mostly used as an email client has other features as well. For instance, Outlook consists of a calendar, a task manager, contact manager, note taking journal and web browsing functions. You can use the program as a stand-alone application or club it with other platforms such as Microsoft Express and Microsoft SharePoint Server to expand its productivity and performance. Outlook is tailor-made for the enteprise environment, from sharing mailboxes, public folders, SharePoint lists to scheduling meetings, you can do everything here. Microsoft has also recently launched a mobile-friendly Outlook interface that is compatible with all Android, IOS, Mac and Apple devices.
- Features such as Sweep, Pin and other tags allow users to focus on important matters and deal with things quickly
- Includes a host of other Microsoft apps such as OneDrive, Office suite, Skype, and One Note
- Allows users to customize their contact lists, schedule meetings, set reminders- in short manage and monitor the integral aspects of their business successfully
[ download ]
Claws Mail is a free and open source GTK+ email client service provider loaded with a set of really cool features that can be configured quickly. Considered to be among the fastest, more extensive and reliable programs in the market, Claws store your mail in MH mailbox format. You can even save the content in Mbox format using the many plug-ins and extensions offered by the application. Anti-spam, HTML viewer, RSS aggregator, Python scripting and Perl filtering happen to be some of the main plug-ins provided by Claws that can help you manage your work better.
- Claws Mail protects the shared content using SSL, GPG, and anti-phishing security encryptions
- The program runs on both Windows and Unix-like platforms and allows free testing as well
- Customizable toolbar, X-Face support, pre-folder preferences, foldable quotes, plus various extensions enhance the look and feel of the program
- Search and filtering, importing files from external formats are other features
- An external editor armed with an extensive range of readymade templates and designs
[ download ]
Thunderbird is a powerful email client software that is free and open sourced. A cross-platform program, it can be used to process RSS feeds, contacts, and other news as well. Developed and released by Mozilla, the program development was discontinued in 2012. However, a stable and more robust version was updated quite recently; it supports all kinds of business ventures and personal requirements. Other than the standard functions such as filtering emails, scheduling meetings and setting up reminders, the program has a lot of extra features. For instance, it protects all your files using an SSL encryptions, also the many plug-ins and extensions further simplify your job.
- Thunderbird can manage multiple email, newsgroup and news feed accounts as well as support multiple identities. Quick search, grouping and message filtering enhance the efficiency
- Email clients like Thunderbird incorporates a Bayesian filter, a whitelist contact record and an anti-spamming plug-in as well
- Thunderbird supports POP and IMAP features and also consists of other tools such as LDAP address completion and Enigmail add support
- It supports both Mbox and Maildir formats across different Windows, Mac, IOS and Linux devices
[ download ]
Nyla is an open source and free desktop email client that is compatible with Gmail, Yahoo, Microsoft Exchange, and IMAP accounts. Nyla works well on all Windows, IOS, Linux and Mac email client services and can accommodate multiple plug-ins and extensions as well. Nyla is a company known for offering programs suited to incorporate user-contributed extensions, and can effectively manage and monitor your emails, contacts, and newsfeed. In addition to that, users can also design and modify their plug-ins as per their requirement. An extensible web email client application built with Electron, React and Flux, there are many versions of the program as per the platform you will be using.
- Plug-ins lie at the heart of the program and boost the functionality of your app. You can check out the integrated plug-ins or create your own
- The interface of Nylas is also styled using CSS that you can easily modify or customize. Moreover, while you are at it, check out the extensive range of beautiful themes, layouts and designs as well
- The translator, quick reply option, emojis, phishing detectors, GitHub info bar and other indicator add on to the program’s functionality
[ download ]
Very similar to the Sparrow email client designed for OS X, Mailbird is a program specially created to support Windows 7, 8 and ten versions. A popular application among both professionals and amateurs, it has also been awarded the best Windows email client in the year 2015. The platform is nothing like other standard email managers such as Thunderbird and Outlook. For starters, Mailbird is faster, greater and accurate than its peers. Secondly, the simple yet robust functionality of the open source app is pretty user-friendly and easy to operate. The latest version of the program 2.0 has additional features such as email snooze, video conferencing and speed radar.
- The sleek and minimalistic interface offers a unified inbox to look after your multiple email accounts
- Lightning fast filtering, indexing and other integrations such as DropBox, EverNote and Google Docs for better performance
- Syncs seamlessly with POP and IMAP services that support a maximum of 3 email accounts
- The latest version includes the quick snooze, video meetings preview option and speed radar
[ download ]
eM Client is a fully featured program designed to manage your emails and marking calendars and keeping your contact list up-to-date. Developed and launched in the year 2006, the program is perhaps the most user-friendly apps in our list. However, your system needs to have Microsoft.NET framework pre-installed for the application to run. Considered to be among the fastest email clients for Windows, eM Client focuses on two customer groups and offers plans accordingly. The pro plan is intended for commercial purposes while the free version is better suited for inexperienced users and supports just two mail accounts. Gmail, IceWrap and the Apple Server are among the few platforms that are compatible with the program.
- The latest eM Client 5.0 version includes the GData protocol that allows seamless syncs and backup options
- The multi-lingual app can be translated into 12 languages for already pre-installed in Windows 8 version
- If the POP and IMAP servers are integrated with your mail accounts, you can configure the features as per your liking quickly
- The program is excellent for touch-screen devices
- Microsoft Exchange is partially compatible with the app
[ download ]
The Bat! Is among the top email clients built for Windows to safeguard your correspondence with the third parties? From sending and receiving your emails to managing your contacts and establishing secure encryptions The Bat! is extremely sensitive to user needs. The end-to-end encryption (E2EE) technique also allows you to store the content over the cloud. You can even personalize your emails as the program blocks certain malicious software and extensions downloadable on the web. Created by Ritlabs SRL, the application has two main versions namely Professional and Home. The Pro version is more portable and efficient of the two, especially the Bat Voyager.
- Unlimited memory and access to countless email accounts, it even supports the POP3, IMAP servers and even the Microsoft Exchange platforms
- All files are protected with an internal PGP implementation and Open SSL-based encryption. The platform supports HTML 4.0 and CSS 2.0 versions, i.e., you do not require coding skills or professional expertise to customize the platform
- The integrated IDN support, along with the old sorting and filtering function only increases the productivity
Opera Email Client
[ download ]
Opera Mail is a public email and news customer service developed by Opera for Windows devices. The application has been linked with the Opera web browser ever since version 2 to 12, it was only in 2013 when Opera Mail was separated from its browser. The updated 2.0 version of the app has extra features such as text support, inline spell checking, spam filtering, contact manager and POP3 and IMAP integrations. The program uses a single database that keeps tabs on every email sent or received and establishes access points for better data tracking techniques.
- The program accounts for faster, hassle-free operation helping the users save time with features like auto-sorts, filtering, and rich text support
- Auto-sorts and easy indexing of mailing lists and attachments. Opera Mail even uses the Bayesian filtering to get the job done
- The IRC client though integrated into the mail component of the program allows multiple servers, transfers, and available customization through CSS
- Opera Mail also displays the text in HTML and uses Presto layout engine to do the same
Windows Live Mail
[ download ]
Windows Live Mail is one of the most popular email clients, it is a free open source desktop program specially designed for Microsoft users. Also known as Elroy, the program was formerly known as simply Window Mail when users on Vista. Similar to other Microsoft apps such as Outlook and Office Suite, the program is suited for both offices and home use. The calendar, manager, mail filter and reminder are the standard features of the program that account for a robust yet reliable operation.
- The Windows Live Mail is a multi-user platform and offers an extensive ribbon that can be configured as per requirement
- Provides you with an ability to edit the HTML coding and segregate the data in different folders and mailboxes
- Supports DeltaSync and Web DAV HTTP-based protocols. Also, you can now perform full index searches in case the Windows search fails
- The live spell checker, contacts sync, and RSS feed help you finish the tasks faster
Email clients collect and arrange all your contacts in one place, allowing you to focus on more pressing matters of the business. Good email clients have been a boon for e-communications. And if you want to create a website the you should definitely check our list of 15 best free website builders.
A free email client can change your life. That might sound ridiculous, but consider how long you spend each week checking your inbox, replying, forwarding and composing. It could easily be several hours, and even more if you use several different email addresses (as many of us do).
Using a dedicated email client not only makes it easier to deal with multiple email accounts, it also means you can take full advantage of extra features such as a calendar, contact management, and neat integration with other desktop software you're using. As with so many other types of software, email clients are not born equal, and it's important that you don't lumber yourself with one that is underpowered, confusing to use, or that offers poor performance.
Take a browse through our best free email client selection and you will undoubtedly see a few familiar names. But you'll also find some that you may not have heard of or tried, so perhaps it's time for you to test drive a new email client!
- Check out our list of best email service providers
- These are the best email marketing services
- Not happy with your email service? Here are the best email hosting providers
1. eM Client
The best email client, with support for a huge range of email providers, integrated chat, smart translation, and simple migration
eM Client has been around for nearly 10 years now, and throughout that long development it's evolved into the best free email client for Windows.
eM Client makes it easy to migrate your messages from Gmail, Exchange, iCloud and Outlook.com – just enter your email address and the client will adjust the appropriate settings for you. eM Client can also import your contacts and calendar, and it's easy to deselect these options if you'd prefer to manage them separately.
There's an integrated chat app too, with support for common platforms including Jabber and Google Chat, and the search function is far superior to those you'll find in webmail interfaces.
Unlike most free email clients, eM Client is also packed with advanced options like automatic translation, delayed send and encryption. It's a remarkable set of tools, and for managing two email accounts, it's ideal.
If you have more accounts, it's well worth considering upgrading to eM Client Pro for a one-off fee. This lets you connect an unlimited number of accounts, access VIP support (in the unlikely event that you need it), and use the email client commercially.
2. Mailbird Lite
A great-looking client packed that connects all your social apps
Mailbird Lite isn't just an email app – it's a whole communication platform to which you can add apps for scheduling, chatting, file syncing and teamworking.
Free users miss out on features such as speed reading, email snoozing and quick previews of attachments, but Mailbird Lite is still an excellent choice. The Lite version only lets you connect one email account but, it's optimized for speed, and looks great to boot.
Setup is simple; enter your email details and Mailbird Lite will find the necessary POP or IMAP settings automatically, then get to work importing your messages. It offers to connect with your Facebook account, so it can liven up your inbox with your contacts' profile photos, and can also link with Whatsapp, Google Calendar, free task manager Moo.do, and teamworking app Asana.
Free Email Client For Mac
Packed with time-saving tools that'll improve email habits
Hiri is usually a paid-for premium email client, but it's free for TechRadar readers. It's designed primarily with business users in mind (it currently only supports Microsoft email services including Hotmail, Outlook and Exchange), but home users will also appreciate its productivity-boosting features.
If you find yourself spending too long managing, reading and replying to emails, Hiri is the email client for you. It includes a smart dashboard that lets you see how many unread messages you have at a glance and how long you should wait before checking them (after all, how many really need an instant reply?)
The Compose window is designed to save you time too, offering only the essential options (no fancy formatting) and including the subject line at the bottom so you don't have to write it until you know how to summarise the message.
These little touches make Hiri a truly exceptional client. If Microsoft is your email provider of choice, it should be well up your list.
4. Mozilla Thunderbird
Plenty of features and extensions – as you'd expect from Mozilla
Thunderbird, from Firefox developer Mozilla, has just undergone a total overhaul that brings it right up to date. Not only does it look smarter, it also works much better. You no longer need to download and configure an extension to make full use of your calendar, and cutting, copying and deleting events is effortless.
You can connect as many email addresses as you like to Thunderbird, and it's totally free, with no ads or prompts to upgrade. It's also very flexible, with a wealth of customizable options – and if you can't see a particular feature, you can expand Thunderbird with third-party extensions.
Thunderbird still takes a little getting used to (there are so many options, the interface is a little confusing at first), but it's a superb email client that'll serve you well – particularly if you have lots of accounts to manage.
Give your inbox the WhatsApp treatment
Spike is a versatile free email client, available for iOS, Android, Windows and Mac, with a handy web app for those occasions when you don't have time to spend installing software.
Best Email Client For Windows 10
It's billed as the first 'conversational' email app, which essentially means it presents messages and replies in bubbles in real time, in a style that looks very much like WhatsApp. This works particularly well for the type of short emails that you're likely to send to friends and family, making it refreshingly simple to keep track of long email chains that would usually be a mess of nested messages.
Spike is free for personal use, with support for an unlimited number of email accounts and up to 10 'group chat rooms'. If you're sick of trawling through messy lists of replies, it's a breath of fresh air.
Best Email Client For Mac Cosmetics
- What's the best web browser you can download today?
- These are the best email clients (paid for)